Students of architecture, design, and other art school faculties are invited to participate in the Pure Design Contest 2021 by Wooden Story.
About the Contest
The contest is originated and organized by the Wooden Story company, while its first edition takes place in 2021. The main idea of the Pure Design Contest, above all, is to create an opportunity for designers to enter the world market – the winning projects will be presented at the most prestigious furniture fairs in the world.
The goal is to design a piece of furniture and/or a set of furniture for children, produced in the spirit of Wooden Story’s ecological philosophy. The design should reflect an idea for a creative and inclusive workspace for children, including children with disabilities, whether sensory or motor or both. It is to be a piece of furniture that provides a comfortable place both for learning and creative play.
“A child’s place in public space – an inclusive table and chair for learning and playing”.
Selection of candidates is divided in 3 stages:
- Preliminary Stage:
- The purpose of the Preliminary Stage is to select 50 designs that meet the requirements of the Contest.
- During this stage, the entries are verified for their formal compliance and the criteria adopted in the Terms and Conditions.
- The list of qualified projects will be published by the 28th of June.
- After receiving the information that the project has been verified at the PRELIMINARY STAGE and qualified for the 1st STAGE, the author is required to deliver a 3D model.
- 1st Stage
- The 1st Stage involves preparing a list of 10 Nominated Entries, which will be qualified for the 2nd Stage.
- The 1st Stage lasts from 26th to 30th of July.
- The list of qualified projects will be published on the official website mentioned below.
- Each Juror’s vote at the 1st Stage is secret.
- 2nd Stage
- The 10 highest ranked Entries are nominated to the 2nd Stage.
- By the 30th of July, the Jury will judge the entries according to criteria set out in the Terms and Conditions and select the list of 10 Entries from the 1st Stage.
- The Jury will announce the Winners by the 9th of August.
- The Entrants will be notified about the results by e-mail and/or telephone. Simultaneously, the list of Winners will be published on the official website.
- 1st prize winner will be Organiser’s guest at the fair and will have an opportunity to present the prototype in person and talk to the visitors. In the case of the first-place winner, the Organiser finances the winner’s stay at the fair. The Organiser will reimburse the Winner for expenses (flight, accommodation, and meal voucher) in the scope and standard at Organiser’s sole and absolute discretion. The estimated cost borne by Wooden Story as part of the winner’s trip to the Maison&Objet fair is PLN 10,000.
- 2nd Prize winner will get pln 6 000+ project presentation at Formex fair in Stockholm
- 3rd prize winner will get pln 4 000+ project presentation at CIFF fair in Copenhagen
Who can Participate?
- Entrants in the Contest must be of age and have full legal capacity. The Contest is primarily addressed to students of architecture, design, and other art school faculties. Anyone who meets all these Terms and Conditions is allowed to enter the Contest.
- The Contest may not be entered by:
- Organizer’s employees, people representing the Organiser as employees or attorneys, and people providing work or regular services to the Organiser based on civil law contracts,
- anyone who is in any way and on any basis involved in the organization of the Contest,
- spouses of people referred to in a) or b),
- relatives of people referred to in a) or b) in the direct line as well as in the collateral line up to the first degree inclusive, as well as their spouses.
How to Submit?
Interested candidates can submit their work at this link.
- Submission Deadlines: June 27, 2021
- Preliminary Stage Result- June 28, 2021
- 1st Stage- 26th to 30th July 2021
- 2nd Stage- 1st to 8th August 2021
- Winners- August 9, 2021
- USAID Global LEAD Digital Storytelling Contest 2021: Register by July 23
- Short Film Making Contest on the Occasion of World No Tobacco Day 2021 by Govt of India [Prizes Upto Rs. 4.5L]: Submit by June 30