Applications are open for Internship under the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) as Public Information Intern for three months. Apply by March 13.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
About the Internship:
This internship is located within the Joint Communications, Information Management and Outreach Team of the UNEP/CMS and the UNEP/AEWA Secretariats.
- This internship is for a minimum period of three months with a possibility of extension up to a maximum of six months.
- The Internship is UNPAID and full-time.
- Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background and the major tasks assigned to the intern as well as the internship period.
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher).
- be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
– Be computer literate in standard software applications;
– Have demonstrated a keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
– Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include a willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
A degree programme in communications, media studies, international relations or journalism and other social sciences, including sociology, political science, environmental studies, geography, as well as in the areas of information and knowledge management, or related field.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme.
Excellent writing and communication skills in English are required. Additional knowledge of French, Spanish, Chinese, Russian or Arabic is an asset.
Click here to start your application.
For queries, submit your questions here.