Public Health Informatics Fellowship Program at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [USA]: Apply by Nov 4
About the organisation
CDC is the USA’s health protection agency, working 24/7 to protect America from health and safety threats, both foreign and domestic.
About the Fellowship Program
Public health informatics is the systematic application of knowledge about systems that capture, manage, analyze and use the information to improve population health. The Public Health Informatics Fellowship Program (PHIFP) provides applied public health informatics training to fellows to apply computer science and information technology to public health problems.
PHIFP is a 2-year, competency-based training program in public health informatics. Fellows are placed in assignments in centers and offices across CDC where they gain experiential training to enhance the agency’s informatics workforce.
This fellowship is conducted at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Office of Public Health Scientific Services.
To be eligible for PHIFP, you must have:
A doctoral (PhD, MD, PharmD) or masters level degree from an accredited academic institution in one of the following:
- Public health, medicine, health care, health services research
- Computer science, information science, information systems
- Public health informatics or related discipline
Roles and Responsibilities
The following list includes routine tasks for PHIFP fellows:
- Working with teams involved in the research and development of public health information systems.
- Conducting informatics evaluations on complex public health information systems.
- Contributing to CDC’s emergency response activities.
- Providing technical assistance to state and local health departments and international public health agencies through short-term assignments, or Info-Aids.
Documented experience in performing research or evaluation during or after academic training is required. This includes publications, thesis, poster presentations, or a research or evaluation proposal.
Relocation is required for various programs throughout CDC. Some assignments may also occur in other locations.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply for the fellowship program through this link.
Nov 4, 2019
For more details, click here.
About the Author