Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay Chair, Faculty of Social Sciences, Banaras Hindu University invites proposals on prescribed application form for financial support through Fellowship for PDF – Post Doctoral Fellowship on study of ‘Integral Humanism’: With Special reference to Contemporary Development Issues in India.
Research proposals may be of the social science disciplines, particularly, Political Science, Economics or Sociology. The amount of Fellowship is Rs.28,000/- p.m + Contingency Rs.20,000/- p.a. Number of fellowship is one and last date for submitting the application form is 5th January 2019.
For fellowship a scholar must have Ph.D. Degree in any of the above stated three subjects and the CV must indicate capability of independent research.
Procedure of the Award:
- Applications are initially scrutinized by Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay Chair. 4.2 Thereafter, an Expert Committee will short-list the meritorious proposals from the eligible applications.
- Such applicants would then be invited for an interaction/presentation at the Office of Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences before the Expert Committee.
- Post interaction recommendations of the Expert Committee will be placed before the Academic/ Development Section of the University for its final approval.
Duration & Value:
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship is a full time research work.
- The duration of the fellowship is strictly for two years.
- The value of the fellowship is Rs.28,000 p.m. and contingency grant is Rs.20,000/-p.a.
How to Apply:
- Application in hard copy in prescribed format must be sent to: The Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences, Banaras Hindu University before the last date mentioned in the advertisement.
- Research proposals and final reports should be either in English or Hindi.
Application Deadline: January 5, 2018.
For further details on the same, click here.