About the workshop
Global competition, mass customization, accelerated product obsolescence and continued
demands for cost savings are forcing companies to look for new ways to improve their
business processes. Rapid Manufacturing is one of the new ways of operation which
improves the business processes by compressing the product development time. Rapid
Manufacturing technology has changed the phase of design and manufacturing processes
in various sectors involving aerospace, defense, automobile, medical fields and consumer
products. Because of the wide applications of rapid manufacturing technologies, it has
become the most powerful and the best tool for the industrial revolution in product
- Introduce the participants, the various Rapid Manufacturing Technologies that are
available, focusing towards its importance in industrial applications.
- Impart knowledge on the selection of the most appropriate Rapid Manufacturing
Technology available for selected applications.
- Present the recent developments in additive and subtractive manufacturing technologies.
The main topics of the workshop are given below:
- Technology overviewof additive and subtractive manufacturing.
- Model generation methods and CAD data processing techniques.
- Additive manufacturing processes, systems and materials.
- Additive manufacturing of precision components in plastics, metals, bio-materials and
quality control issues.
- Aerospace, defence and automobile applications of additive manufacturing technologies.
- Recent advances and scope for research in rapid manufacturing technology.
- Hands-on training in the prototyping of products using Fused Deposition Modeling
Machine and Subtractive Rapid Prototyping Machine.
- Demonstration of Incremental Sheet Metal Forming (ISMF).
- Visitto PSG TIFAC Core (Product Development Centre)
For registration details, click here
PSG College of Technology,
Coimbatore – 641 004.