Coordinate Measuring Machine:
Mass Production and precision manufacturing demands measuring instruments with capability to provide measurements which are precise and accurate. They must be capable to measure the features of components with less labour and minimum time. This requires the power of software which is not in built in most of the conventional instruments.
Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) is one of such powerful measuring machines incorporated with software which can measure the dimension of intricate shapes and Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) features fulfilling the above requirements.
Industries in manufacturing sector have already started using CMMs in large number. Use of CMM for the above purpose requires a complete knowledge on the operation of CMM, selection of right probe for a particular application, GD&T features.
Keeping this in mind, this workshop is conducted to train the students of mechanical sciences, faculty members and practicing engineers on the above mentioned area.
In industries used for measuring lengths in the form of external, internal, step, height, depth and distance dimensions. The automatic microprocessor assisted correction makes even more accurate: Correction values memorized in the instrument compensate for systematic errors when measuring lengths.
It will facilitate the students, faculty and practicing engineers to learn the latest practices in dimensional metrology.
The main objectives of this programme are to
- Create awareness among manufacturing engineers on the latest developments in coordinate metrology and its applications in dimensional measurement.
- Highlight the features and applications of coordinate measuring machine.
- Make participants to understand basic GD &T features and able to do probe calibration.
- Enable the participants operate CNC CMM and demonstrate the usage of its software for dimensional measurement.
- Train the participants to measure various geometric features and generate report
- Demonstrate the various features height master and its application.
- Introduction to CMM
- Functions and system components of CMM
- Probe data management
- Modes of Operation
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerance
- Measuring Entities
- Results and Report Generation
- Dimensional metrology using height master
Filled up registration forms are to be submitted along with the DD for registration fee drawn in favour of “PSGCNCE” payable at Coimbatore.
Registration fee (per delegate):
- Delegates from Industries and Faculty of Engineering College: Rs.1725/-
- Students of Engineering Colleges: Rs 1150/-
(Inclusive of service tax-15%)
Registration fee includes course material, tea and working lunch. Students have to produce a bona fide certificate. Limited seats only. Rush for early registration.
For more details, please see this link.