The Department of Science & Technology, Government of India invite proposals from meritorious scholars for Short-Term Research Grant for Nano Coating COVID-19 by April 30, 2020.
Considering emerging health care requirements to combat the COVID-19 epidemic, DST & SERB announces rapid/ short-term projects in the following thrust areas, preferably with multidisciplinary efforts:
- Antiviral Nano-coatings for materials to be used on the appropriate material for producing anti-COVID-19 Triple Layer Medical masks and N-95 respirator or better masks in large quantities;
- All components of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for safeguarding the health of all health care workers against COVID-19 with industrial partners for scaling up production.
Project duration should be maximum up to 1-year with a maximum budget limit of Rs. 25-30 lakhs (including overhead) for developing the Nano-coating and new nano-based material for the components of PPE, which can be transferred to the partnering Industry or a Start-up. The industry contribution could be in the form of manpower and its CTC, or partly for testing of nano-coating to meet the EU or US standards for exporting the developed product.
Call for Proposals
- Proposals will be initially screened for the competence of PI, suitability, and scope prior to peer-review. All items developed and transferred to the industry should meet the International standards or BSI standards for ensuring the Quality of the nano-coating based product produced.
- Projects concerning other pathogens will not be considered in this call. It may be noted that no hardcopy of the proposal may be sent to DST or SERB.
- Projects will be evaluated on the first-come basis, with a last date of submission is April 30, 2020.
- To submit your proposals online, click here.
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.