Proposals are now invited from prospective principal investigators for the Lacuna Fund 2020. The Lacuna Fund provides data scientists, researchers, and social entrepreneurs with the resources they need to either produce new labeled datasets to address an underserved population or problem, augment existing datasets to be more representative, or update old datasets to be more sustainable.
The Lacuna Fund aims to make its funding accessible to as many organizations as possible in the AI for social good space and cultivate capacity and emerging organizations in the field.
- Agriculture: Enabling new and more robust AI applications through remote sensing and other critical datasets.
- Language: Translation, speech recognition, and other datasets to enable the promise of digital communication for all.
- Health: Improving the robustness and availability of AI solutions in healthcare through datasets across the value chain.
To be eligible for funding, organizations must:
- Be either a non-profit entity, research institution, for-profit social enterprise, or a team of such organizations. Individuals must apply through an institutional sponsor. Partnerships are welcome but only the lead applicant will receive funds.
- Have a mission supporting societal good, broadly defined.
- Have all necessary national or other approvals to conduct the proposed research. The approval process may be conducted in parallel with the grant application, if necessary. Approval costs, if any, are the responsibility of the applicant.
- Have the technical capacity to conduct dataset labeling, creation, expansion, and/ or maintenance.
- Be sufficiently stable to ensure the sustainability of the dataset or have arrangements with an organization of sufficient stability.
Call for Proposals
Interested candidates can submit your proposals online by clicking here. The last date to submit your proposals is September 3, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Sree Ramakrishna Paramahamsa Research Grant 2020 [Grants Upto Rs. 3Cr]: Apply by Aug 31.