Across the world, countries are being challenged by the COVID-19 pandemic in ways they have never been before. Science, Engineering, and Technology will play a critical role in finding solutions to this global challenge through the development of new vaccines, devices, diagnostic tools, and information systems, as well as strategies to help communities and nations manage and deploy resources to combat this epidemic.
To support the global efforts of the medical and scientific community, IUSSTF announces a Call for Proposals for COVID-19 Indo-U.S. Virtual Networks. IUSSTF encourages proposals that convincingly demonstrate the benefits and value of the Indo-U.S. partnership to advance research and address critical challenges related to COVID-19.
Virtual Networks would allow Indian and U.S. scientists and engineers currently engaged in COVID-related research to carry out joint research activities through a virtual mechanism, leveraging existing infrastructure and funding.
These network projects could be of two types:
- Knowledge R&D Networks that enable Indian and U.S. scientists from Academia and National Laboratories to conduct joint research and encourage the integration of research and education.
- Public-Private Virtual Networks that enable Indian and U.S. scientists from Academia and Industry to collaborate on pre-commercial R&D activities having potential towards applied research and product development.
- Teams at Indian and U.S. Academic Institutions, Laboratories and/or Industries that are actively engaged in COVID-19 research funded by Federal Agencies and/or Foundations.
- Each proposal must involve at least one Indian and one U.S. Institution.
- All partners should have an intellectual and financial stake in the activities by contributing resources required for project execution.
INR 25,00,000/- to INR 50,00,000/- per project [approx.. $33,000/- to $66,000/-].
The Grant-in-Aid would cover:
- Partial support for Personnel (Students/PostDocs);
- Basic Infrastructure (limited supplies), if needed;
- Limited travel (with justification); and,
- Contingencies for the dissemination of research, educational materials, and reports.
Call for Submission
Applications will be accepted with a submission deadline of 15 May 2020. To download the proposal format, click here.
Phone Number: +91-11-42691700
For further details, click here.