This Call for Proposals is to enable Indian and Korean scientists from academia and laboratories to carry out joint research activity by leveraging already existing infrastructure and funding available with the partners at both sides through a linkage established by a Joint Network Centre (JNC).
The Joint Network Centre aims to encourage joint project implementation on focal areas of thematic and knowledge research through networking thus, paving the way to sustainable interactions by promoting excellence and developing long term relationships based on the synergy of activities. Network Centre may also provide opportunities for integrating research with education.
Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India, Ministry of Science and ICT (MSIT)of the Republic of Korea invite Indian and Korean research groups to submit proposals for Joint Network Centre in the following area: Artificial Intelligence utilization in the field of Biotechnology.
- One focal lead coordinator each from India and Korea.
- Minimum of two Indian and two Korean separate institutional node partners, except the focal point institute (3+3 partnership mode). However, there can be more than two node partners on each side as well.
- The Focal Coordinator and node partners should either be scientists, researchers, or faculty members employed by government-recognized universities, academic institutes or national research and development laboratories or i
- If interested, Industries can also participate with their own funding, but they will not be counted as either the focal coordinators or node partners.
- All partners have an intellectual and financial stake in the Joint Centre activities.
- Proof of existing funding support available towards infrastructure and types of equipment has to be providesad with the proposal.
On the Korean side, MSIT’s tentative funding amount for each Network Centre would be approximately 60,000,000 won per year.
On the Indian side, DBT will provide funding support to Focal Coordinating Indian Institute. Funds to other Indian nodes of the JNC would be provided through the Focal Indian Institute of the JNC. From DBT following financial support can be provided to each JNC:
- Research Manpower
- Research Expenses: Upto Rs. 5 Lakhs
- Joint Workshop& Training School
- Support for Exchange visit component
- Institutional Overhead
- Participating Indian institutions are responsible for expenses regarding equipment.
Call for Submissions
Interested applicants should submit the completed application form and all relevant information in PDF format through E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indian Applicants are also requested to send three hard copies to DBT (Dr. Garima Gupta, Scientist E, DBT) by May 29, 2020, at 18:00 through proper channel. Proposals not submitted through E-mail or hard copy by the due date will not be considered. DBT will not be liable for any postal delay.
- Last date for submission: May 29, 2020
- By the early August 2020: Evaluation
- By the mid-September 2020: Discussion/Final decision for selection
- By the end of September: Contract/Financial support at each side
- 1st October 2020: Commencement of the research projects
Phone Number: 011-24369385
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.