Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) which was established in 1936 is a Deemed University fully funded by the University Grant Commission (UGC), Government of India.
Centre for Public Health was established in June 2010 as part of School of Health Systems Studies in TISS with a mission to “strive for excellence in the field of theory and practice of Public Health based on critical analysis of population health using epidemiological approach.”
The Centre has been conducting a number of research projects related to public health and health care utilization along with disease-specific epidemiologic studies and is currently looking for 3 research staff for ICMR funded research project.
Response of Urban Health Services System towards Road Traffic Injuries.
Mumbai (with frequent travel to field).
24 months or co-terminus with the project, whichever earlier.
32000/- per month with fieldwork allowance.
About the project
This project intends to examine the extent of primary, secondary and tertiary care
health services rendered by the urban health service systems for road traffic injuries in Mumbai. The study hence focuses on the structural and systemic factors determining access to care among road traffic victims during the ‘golden hour’.
- Organize and manage various activities pertaining to the project.
- Conduct a literature review and develop study protocol under the guidance of PI and co-PIs.
- Organize, conduct and facilitate data collection from health systems (municipal corporation) and its health facilities primary (Ambulance services), secondary and tertiary emergency care facilities at hospitals.
- Lead the research team throughout the various stages of data management and analysis, dissemination along with a quality check.
- Documentation, monitoring and regular reporting for the progress of the PI and to the funding agency.
- Assist in drafting and finalization of report based on inputs from peer review.
- Any other work towards the operationalization of the project as directed by PI.
- Post Graduate degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Anthropology, Hospital
Administration, Nursing, social work, disaster management with subjects on research
methodology and dissertation as part of their degree are eligible to apply.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience of research related work in field of health care settings with specific experience with health services knowledge.
- Well versed in quantitative and qualitative research especially observation research.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills in English, Hindi.
- Experience in working in the field, managing relationships at institutional levels and government departments along with managing teams.
- Availability and willingness to travel for work.
- Experience in Health Services Research.
- Certificate/ PG diploma / degree in emergency care.
- Working knowledge of data analysis packages like SPSS, Excel and Atlasti.
- Working knowledge of Marathi.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can send their applications and curriculum vitae with references to
The Chairperson, Centre for Public Health, School of Health Systems Studies, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai by June 19.