IIT Delhi invites applications for Principal Project Scientist & Sr. Project Scientist for the year 2020. Interested candidates can check out full details below.
- Project title: Enhancing India’s Policy Analysis Capabilities to Meet Energy and Environment Challenges.
- Funding Agency: Children’s Investment Funds Foundations, U.K
- PI: Prof. Ambuj D. Sagar
- Principle Project Scientist: Ph.D. in Atmospheric/ Oceanic/ Climate Sciences/ Meteorology (or related field) with first class at the preceding degree OR M. Tech. 1st class or equivalent in Atmospheric/Oceanic/Climate
Sciences/ Meteorology (or related field) with 6 years’ experience. Experience: Candidate should have demonstrated experience of performing numerical simulations using a global or regional climate model on a HPC system and advanced statistical analysis of climate data. Publications in reputed international peer-reviewed journals required.
- Sr Project Scientist: 1st class M.Sc. degree in Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Atmospheric/ Oceanic/ Climate
Sciences/ Meteorology with NET/GATE* and 3 years’ experience OR 1st class M.Tech. or equivalent degree in Atmospheric/ Oceanic/ Climate Science/ Meteorology. Experience: Candidate should have demonstrated experience of performing numerical simulations using a global or regional climate model on a HPC system and/ or analysis of large climate datasets. *The requirement of NET/GATE qualification may be relaxed by the Committee in case of highly meritorious candidates.
How to apply?
Candidates can submit the duly filled form with complete information regarding educational qualifications indicating percentage of marks/division, details of work experience etc. by e-mail with advertisement No. on the subject line to Prof. Ambuj D. Sagar at email id: asagar[at]iitd.ac.in.
The last date for submitting the completed applications by e-mail is 03/10/2020 by 5.00 p.m.
- Principle Project Scientist: Rs.56,000-60,000-64,000-69,000-74,000-79,000/- p.m. plus HRA @ 24%
- Sr Project Scientist: Rs.45,000-48,200-51,400-55,400-59,400-63,400/- p.m. plus HRA @ 24%