Applications are invited for the walk-in-interview for the post of Project Scientist – I at the Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore.
Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) is an autonomous academic national institution under the Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India dedicated to research in Astronomy, Astrophysics and Allied Sciences & Technology. The Institute has its main campus in Koramangala, Bangalore and CREST Campus at Hosakote, Bangalore.
It operates field stations at Kavalur & Kodaikanal in Tamilnadu, Gauribidanur in Karnataka, and Leh/Hanle in the Union Territory of Ladakh. The Institute has taken up the responsibility of building space-based Visible Emission Line Coronagraph (VELC) on Aditya-L1 mission along with the Indian Space Research Organisation.
No. of Posts
Rs. 75,000/- per month (Consolidated)
Below 32 Years
M.Sc (Tech)/M.Tech/M.Sc in Optical Engineering/Astronomy instrumentation/Optics/ Physics from a reputed University/Institute
Minimum three years of work experience in research laboratory or industry or teaching in the domain of optics and/or instrumentation. Candidates should have had at least one year of working experience in space instrumentation.
- Good experience in designing optical systems using optical design software packages such as ASAP, ZEMAX etc.
- Understanding of surface topography of optics, effect of surface figure and finish on image quality.
- Scatter estimation from optical and mechanical surfaces using the BRDF models.
- Component level and Instrument Stray light analysis.
- Hands-on experience with optical metrology & alignment instruments (interferometers, profilometer and theodolite), standard optical lab equipment, light sources, light detectors, vacuum facilities etc.
Component level tests & calibration and integration & calibration of the payload. Building, calibration and operations of Simulation Model post-delivery of the flight model.
Nature and Duration of Posts
- The appointment is purely temporary on a contract basis and does not confer any privilege or benefit applicable to regular employment. No claim whatsoever for regular employment in the Institute shall be entertained.
- The tenure of appointment is initially for one year, may last till the duration of the project and will co-terminus with the project completion. Continuation of the contract of appointment is subject to satisfactory performance of the candidate and requirement of the project as judged by the Institute on annual basis.
How to Attend?
- Eligible young, bright and highly motivated individuals are invited to attend Walk-in-interview on 9th April 2021 (Friday) at the Institute Campus, 2nd Block, Koramangala, Sarjapur Road, Bangalore–560 034 between 09.00 AM to 05.00 PM.
- Candidates attending the walk-in-interview should come with a duly filled in prescribed application with a passport size photograph pasted on the top of the application along with original certificates related to their qualification and experience and also one set of self-certified photocopies.
For more details., click the link below.