Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Project Scientist at IIT Bombay.
About IIT Bombay
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay is an autonomous public technical and research university located in Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. IIT Bombay was founded in 1958. In 1961, the Parliament decreed IITs as Institutes of National Importance.
- Project title: Sustainable Technology for Smart Off-Grid Renewable EnergyTransformation and Electrochemical Storage Management.
- About the project: The main goal of this project is to develop Li-ion and Na-ion pouch cells, which can provide better electrochemical performances (higher energy density, prolong cycling stability, and better rate capability). The fabricated batteries will be integrated with microgrid systems for demonstration in off-grid applications.”
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- PhD in electrochemistry, Physics/ Chemistry/ Materials science/ Chemical Engineering/ Energy Science and Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Exceptional skills in electrochemical characterisation and measurement of materials individually and as devices are essential.
- Expertise in battery (e.g., lithium ion, sodium ion) or electrochemical characterisation, or in the development of high-throughput electrochemical property screening.
- Prior experience in battery fabrication in pouch-cell or cylindrical cell format will be highly considered.
Development of anode materials for lithium ion batteries, Development of cathode materials for sodium ion batteries Fabrication of lithium ion and sodium ion pouch cell format.
Consolidated salary Rs.56000/- p.m. + HRA
- Age limit: 35 years
- The position is temporary for a period of 1 year and tenable only for the duration of the project.
- The appointment is for time bound project and the candidate is required to work mainly for the successful completion of the project. The selection committee may offer lower or higher designation and lower or higher salary depending upon the experience and performance of the candidate in the interview.
- Candidates called for interview will be required to attend at his/ her own expenses.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
For any queries/clarification contact: firstname.lastname@example.org