IIT Bombay invites applications for the post of Project Scientist and Technical Assistant by August 27, 2019.
- Eigenstate phase transition: Perspective from non-equilibrium thermodynamics
About the project: Selected candidates are expected to do research in the areas of disorder driven
quantum phase transition, non-equilibrium physics and with a focus on understanding many-body
localization through approximate methods.
- Vulnerability Mapping of Lanslide prone areas under cyclonic storm in the Gajapati District, Odisha. About the project: Formatting of the collected data and basic data analysis. Project-related file
keeping. Should have computer knowledge.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
For Project Research Scientist:
- Ph.D. in theoretical condensed matter physics with a focus on Non-Equilibrium and Many-Body quantum phenomenon. Candidate should have shown high-quality research in the relevant research areas and should know numerical many-body quantum simulations.
For Technical Assistant:
- BA/BSc or equivalent degree. Diploma (3 years) in relevant field
- Selected candidates are expected to do research in the areas of disorder driven quantum phase transition, non-equilibrium physics and with a focus on many-body localization.
- Formatting of the collected data and basic data analysis. Project-related file keeping. Should have
- For Project Research Scientist: Level O2: Salary range from Rs.50000 to Rs 70000 (5000) + Rs.6000.00/- Out Of Campus Allowance (if applicable) p.m.
- For Technical Assistant: Level L2: Salary range from Rs.18000 to Rs 26000 (2000) + Rs.2500.00/- Out Of Campus
Allowance (if applicable) p.m.
- The position is temporary for a period of 1 year and tenable only for the duration of the project. The appointment is for time bound project and the candidate is required to work mainly for the
successful completion of the project.
- The selection committee may offer lower or higher designation and lower or higher salary depending upon the experience and performance of the candidate in the interview.
- Candidates called for interview will be required to attend at their own expenses.
- To apply online, click here.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org