IIT Bombay, Maharashtra, invites application for Research Associate Job at IIT from eligible and interested candidates. The first part of this project aims at MEMS-based gas cells which can detect acoustic signals. In the second part of the project, these cells will be integrated with the readout system for making a photoacoustic based sensing system. The Research Associate will contribute to both parts.
- Project title: Multi-Frequency EPR Facility
- About the project : Multi-Frequency Electron Paramagnetic Resonance (MF-EPR) (Central facility)
- M.Sc in Chemistry, Physics with 2 years of work experience.
- Prior experience in operating and handling MF-EPR is preferable along with knowledge of simulation of the experimental data.
- The candidate is required to handle MF-EPR instrument.
- Working hours: 8 hours per day Mon-Fri.
- The job would include sample preparation, data acquisition of samples (solid and liquid) at variable temperature (5-300 K), analysis of the samples including simulation of the data, procuring the required consumable items for the instrument, managing the laboratory, maintaining data logs, creating invoices for the external users (academia, Industry etc.) and training the potential users.
Level PR- O1: Consolidated salary range from Rs.33600 to Rs 67200 + Rs.6250.00/- Out Of Campus Allowance (if applicable) p.m.
The position is temporary for a period of 1 year and tenable only for the duration of the project. The appointment is for time bound project and the candidate is required to work mainly for the successful completion of the project. The selection committee may offer lower or higher designation and lower or higher salary depending upon the experience and performance of the candidate in the interview.
How to apply?
Interested candidates can apply here for the post.