Applications are invited for Project Post-Doctoral Fellow Under Prasar Bharati Funded Project at IIT Kanpur for the year 2021. The last date of application is 30 October.
Applications are invited for a position of Project Post-Doctoral Fellow in the project entitled, “Automatic Speech Recognition for Subtitling”, funded by the Prasar Bharati, India’s Public Service Broadcaster.
About the Project
In this project, we focus on building automatic speech recognition (ASR) system for English, Hindi, and some other Indian languages for generating subtitles. It is a large vocabulary continuous speech recognition (LVCSR) task. The research will focus on building this system with the help of state-of-the-art platforms such as Kaldi and deep learning libraries in Python. The responsibilities for the said role include:
- Developing state-of-the-art LVCSR system
- Supervising the data annotation team and developing/selecting tools they will need for annotation and validation of data
- Publishing research papers in top conferences and journals
- Writing technical reports
- Working with Prasar Bharati team for seamless deployment of the system
- PhD/Master’s or equivalent degree in Audio Technology, Signal Processing, Computer Science, or relevant area (candidates who have submitted their thesis can also apply)
- PhD or equivalent degree in Speech Technology, Signal Processing, Computer Science, or relevant area (candidates who have submitted their thesis can also apply)
- A strong background in machine learning, signal processing, statistics, applied mathematics, optimization, linear algebra
- A good expertise in hidden Markov models, deep neural networks, and/or statistical language modelling/natural language understanding
- Prior experience in speech recognition research and development
- Working experience with Kaldi, Pytorch, or other open-source machine learning platforms
- Experience with handling large speech datasets
- Strong publication record in top academic conferences and journals
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, organizational skills and close attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems independently and work well as part of a team
Application should be sent to the following address or alternatively can be sent via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should contain detailed resume having details about the qualifications and experience clearly mentioned, and 2 references of people the candidate has worked with but not related.
Duration & Deadline
The post is for the duration of 1 year with a possibility of extension. The last date for sending the application is 30th October 2021.
Click here to view the official notification of Project Post-Doctoral Fellow Under Prasar Bharati Funded Project at IIT Kanpur.
You may also be interested in: