Applications are invited for Project Post-Doctoral Fellow (Electrical Engineering) Under Prasar Bharati Funded Project at IIT Kanpur for the year 2021. The last date of application is 30 October.
Applications are invited for a position of Project Post-Doctoral Fellow the project entitled, “Archival Content Retrieval Through Audio and Text Query project.”, funded by the Prasar Bharati, India’s Public Service Broadcaster.
About the Project
In this project, we focus on audio-based content retrieval, where the query is an audio or text, and the search content is in audio. We will be developing state-of-the-art technologies using deep learning methods for various tasks such as
- Audio Event Detection
- Acoustic Scene Classification
- Few shot learning
The responsibilities for the said role include:
- Developing state-of-the-art retrieval systems
- Supervising the data annotation team and developing/selecting tools they will need for annotation and validation of data
- Publishing research papers in top conferences and journals
- Writing technical reports
- Working with Prasar Bharati team for seamless deployment of the system
- PhD/Master’s or equivalent degree in Audio Technology, Signal Processing, Computer Science, or relevant area (candidates who have submitted their thesis can also apply)
- PhD or equivalent degree in Audio Technology, Signal Processing, Computer Science, or relevant area (candidates who have submitted their thesis can also apply)
- A strong background in machine learning, signal processing, statistics, applied mathematics, optimization, linear algebra
- Working experience with
- deep learning platforms such as Tensorflow and Pytorch,
- Python, C++ and Linux environment
- Experience with handling large datasets
- Strong publication record in top academic conferences and journals
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, organizational skills and close attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems independently and work well as part of a team
Application should be sent to the following address or alternatively can be sent via email at vipular[at]iitk.ac.in. The application should contain a detailed resume having details about the qualifications and experience clearly mentioned, and 2 references.
Important date & Duration
The post is for the duration of 1 year with a possibility of extension. The last date for sending the application is 30th October 2021.
Salary Range: – Rs. 50000/55000/60000
Click here to view the official notification of Project Post-Doctoral Fellow (Electrical Engineering) Under Prasar Bharati Funded Project at IIT Kanpur.
You may also be interested in:
- Project Post-Doctoral Fellow Under Prasar Bharati Funded Project at IIT Kanpur: Apply by Oct 30
- Postdoctoral Position in the Development of Organic-Inorganic Hybrid Materials at IIT Gandhinagar: Apply by Nov 15