Applications are invited for Project Post Doc Fellow Under SERB Funded Project at IIT Kanpur for the year 2022. The last date of application is 17 March.
CNIS Lab, IIT Kanpur invites application for the post of Project Post Doc Fellow (Post-doctoral research fellow) in the SERB project “Understanding The Self-Assembly Of Amphiphilic Molecules in Supercooled Solvents Using Molecular Simulations”.
- Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/ Computational Physics
- The candidate should have a significant background in molecular simulations and statistical thermodynamics.
- Development of molecular models,
- Writing Monte Carlo or molecular Dynamics simulations
- The candidate must have experience in coding in python, C, C++ and experience of the Linux environment.
- Additional experience in molecular simulation of self-assembly of surfactant, Enhance Sampling methods (such as metadynamics, umbrella sampling), nucleation theory and simulations would be desirable.
- Experience in using GROMACS, PLUMED, GAUSSIAN, LAMMPS etc.
Nature of Work
The candidate would investigate supercooled water structural and dynamical properties in presence of amphiphilic surfactants using state-of-art methods. In particular, the candidate is expected to also contribute new methods or means to investigate nucleation mechanism! The candidate would be working closely with two members of the group.
- The appointment for the above posts initially will be for 1 year, which will be extended with mutual consent if performance of the candidate is good,
- The post is purely temporary and on a contractual basis.
Last date for receipt of application: March 17, 2022.
Interested candidates should send their application along with the resume to :
Dr. Jayant K. Singh
Department of Chemical Engineering
Consolidated Salary: 50000-55000-60000.
Click here to view the official notification of Project Post Doc Fellow Under SERB Funded Project at IIT Kanpur.
You may also be interested in: