Applications are invited for Project Positions Under DBT Funded Project at JNU, New Delhi for the year 2021. The last date of application is 25 August.
Applications are invited for the following posts in the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) funded project entitled “Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics: Infrastructure, Education, Training and Research in Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi” at School of Computational & Integrative Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- Project Associate-1: Master’s Degree in Natural Or Agricultural Sciences/ MVSc or bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology or Medicine from a recognized university or equivalent. (Upper age limit: 35 years)
Desirable: Two years experience of developing Bioinformatics or related software tools/ managing databases/ Systems administration/ networking/ HPC management with a proven record of software products in public domain.
- Project Scientist-1: Doctoral Degree in Science/ Engineering or Master’s Degree in Engineering or Technology (Life Sciences/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Plant Biology or any other related field) from a recognized Institute/ University. (Upper age limit: 35 years)
Desirable: Two years experience in large-scale biological data analysis/ developing Bioinformatics or related software tools/ databases with a proven record of publications and/or software products in public domain.
- Scientific Administrative Assistant/ Attendant: Graduate degree in any discipline. (Upper age limit: 50 years)
Desirable: Proficiency in basic computer operations and two years experience in maintaining research projects in an academic institution.
All these positions are primarily meant for managing and contributing to the Bioinformatics computing infrastructure facility and at SCIS, JNU.
- Administrative Assistant/ attendant will maintain the budgeting and progress reports and any activities related to BIF in particular. He/she will help the SCIS faculty in managing their research projects, including those funded by BIF. In addition, they may be assigned any suitable task by the PI of the project.
- Project Associate will primarily be responsible for maintaining high performance clustering systems of SCIS and its faculty members, help the SCIS researchers in the development of tools and database, web servers under the guidance of the PI.
- Project Scientist will be responsible for carrying out research activities in the field of Bioinformatics and emerging computational technologies, needed for creating web and standalone tools in this area. He/ She will also work with the PI on setting up and planning to develop a data and service center and computational tools based on the research conducted by the SCIS faculty. He/she may be engaged in teaching/ training on the topics of Bioinformatics/ Computational biology, helping SCIS faculty in preparing manuscripts and research grant applications/ reports from time to time as per the time scheduling advised by the PI.
Interested candidates may apply for the position by sending their detailed Curriculum Vitae through an online application system:
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on qualification and suitability for the project. Only the short listed candidates will be called for the interview. A written screening test may be conducted if the number of applications is found too high.
- Candidates will participate in the process at their own expenses.
- 3Interviews are likely to be held over Zoom online meeting platform. However, depending on the circumstances, calling shortlisted candidates for personal interview is not ruled out.
Last date to apply: August 25, 2021 (11.00 pm IST)
Mr Narender Pavan
Click here to view the official notification of Project Positions Under DBT Funded Project at JNU, New Delhi.
You may also be interested in: