Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi invites applications for various temporary posts under DST-SERB Funded Projects.
Jawaharlal Nehru University is a public central university located in New Delhi, India. It was established in 1969 and named after Jawaharlal Nehru, India’s first Prime Minister. The university is known for leading faculties and research emphasis on liberal arts and applied sciences.
The post details are given below.
1. Junior Research Fellow (JRF) (01)
Fresh applications are invited for the post of Junior Research Fellow in a Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) funded project entitled “Study of unusual thermal expansion and compressibility in organic and metal-organic materials” under the supervision of Dr. Dinabandhu Das, School of Physical Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- The applicant must have an M.Sc. degree in Chemistry (Organic/ Inorganic) from UGC recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks.
- The candidate should have good analytical skills.
- Candidates with experience in the synthesis of organic/inorganic molecules and Crystallography.
- Candidates with CSIR/ UGC-NET/ GATE are encouraged to apply.
As per DST norms, fellowship is ₹31,000/- p.m. plus HRA as permissible for the first two years. There will be enhanced fellowship in the third year as ₹35,000/- p.m. plus HRA.
The selected candidate will be appointed on a purely temporary basis, initially for a period of one year and renewable each year subject to satisfactory performance for a maximum of three years.
How to Apply?
Eligible and interested candidates should send their application with a complete CV (having personal details, academic qualifications, research experience, publications, name, affiliation, and email address of two referees). Also, send photocopies of mark sheets/ testimonials/ certificates, a recent passport size photograph, and other relevant documents as a PDF attachment.
All documents should reach firstname.lastname@example.org or before 20th September 2020.
2. Senior Research Fellow (SRF) (01)
Applications are invited for the following purely temporary posts in the DST funded project entitled “A novel approach to study the genomic and functional effect of Bisbenzimidazole: in accordance to develop Broad-spectrum Antibacterial agent” duly funded by DST-SERB No. EMR/2017/000454.
- M.Tech/ M.Sc degree in Chemistry/ Physics/ Applied physics/ Biotechnology/ Microbiology/ Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ with strong academic record.
- NET/ GATE qualified.
- The student with a knowledge of computational work/ MD simulations, interactions between small-molecule and macromolecules/biology background with experience in protein expression and purification, cloning, DNA and RNA isolation, PCR, DNA sequencing, Western Blotting, Spectroscopy, Fluorescence Microscopy, Bioinformatics.
- The candidate may have research experience with pathogenic bacterial strain and animal handling.
- Research experience in molecular biology, biochemical, and knowledge of Efflux Kinetics, NGS techniques along with the handling of laboratory animals.
- Preference would be given to candidates with expertise in Cheminformatics/Bioinformatics and Next-generation sequencing/ Proteomics data analysis.
Rs. 35,000/- + 24% HRA
The selected candidate will be appointed on a purely temporary basis, initially for a period of one year or till his/her services are required by the project investigator or till the validity of the project, whichever is earliest.
How to Apply?
Application through hard Copy/soft copy on e-mail ID- email@example.com along with detailed bio-data supporting documents/ certificates and list of publications should reach to Prof. Vibha Tandon, Special Centre for Molecular Medicines, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi-110067 by 31st August 2020. The interview will be conducted on 1st September, in online mode at 3 pm.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Research Assistants at IIM Trichy: Apply by Sept 14