The National Institute of Biomedical Genomics (NIBMG) is engaged in profiling alterations of cell types in the maternal-fetal interface and identify cell-type-specific expression signatures in the placenta that are associated with placental development using single-cell transcriptomics in the ongoing multicenter study (in collaboration with THSTI and RCB, Faridabad) on “Multi-Omics Signatures of Human Placenta: Real-time assessment of underlying mechanisms for prediction of birth outcomes and development,” funded by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
Applications from motivated post-doctoral researchers with a deep interest in the field of single-cell transcriptomics and placenta biology are being invited for the following position in this study.
The post details are given below.
1. Project Associate-I
- Processing of Biospecimens, placental tissue biopsy collected from Hospitals for Microbial DNA, RNA isolation.
- Performing basic molecular biology laboratory works like PCR and DNA sequencing for both the host and microbial samples.
- Performing basic microbiological lab work including FISH
- M.Sc. in Biotechnology/ Genetics/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Life science and related disciplines with at least 60% marks at both the Masters and Graduation Levels.
- Prior research experience in the form of master’s thesis/ Summer training etc. involving PCR and DNA Sequencing.
- Experience in, biological sample handling Microbiological Culture, Host and Microbial DNA isolation, Primer Designing, PCR and
- DNA sequencing.
Rs. 25,000/- + 24% HRA
2. Research Associate-III
Single-cell transcriptomics (Both experimental work and data analysis) of the placenta and integrative analysis of data generated in other arms of the study, manuscript writing, and preparation of reports.
- Ph.D./ MD/ MS/ MDS.
- Minimum one publication in a peer-reviewed journal as the first author.
Rs. 54,000/- + 24% HRA
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
These positions are contractual, and appointments will be initially given for one year, which is extendable depending upon the performance and requirements of the project. Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for an online Interview. The decision of NIBMG in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance, or rejection of the application, mode of selection, and conduct of interviews will be final and binding on the candidates. In exceptionally meritorious cases, the eligibility requirements may be relaxed by competent authorities relaxed by the competent authority. The last date to apply is July 12, 2021.
You might also be interested in:
- JOB POST: Associate (Stores Management) at ICRISAT, Patancheru: Apply by June 30
- JOB POST: Senior Executive- Lead HR Operations at Swiggy, Mumbai: Applications Open