Applications are invited for eleven (11) temporary positions for the ‘Centre of Excellence’ research project entitled funded by Ministry of Science & Technology, Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India entitled “Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation for a Climate Resilient North East India” under the National Mission for Sustaining the Himalayan Ecosystem (NMSHE) under the Principal Investigator Dr. Ashalata Devi, Department of Environmental Science, Tezpur University.
Tezpur University is a Central University located in Tezpur in the North-Eastern state of Assam, India, established by an act of Parliament, in 1994.
The proposed project is focused on the assessment of the effect of changing climate and environmental conditions on sustainable livelihoods of people who are dependent on natural resources and biological diversity associated with different eco-climatic zone and habitats in the North-East region.
1. Research Associate (03)
- The applicant should have a Ph.D. in Environmental Science/ Forestry/ Botany/ Zoology. Expert in plant taxonomy and biosystematics/ wildlife conservation. Experience in field data collection and survey techniques; OR
- The applicant should have a Ph.D. in Agriculture/ Environmental Science with a minimum of 4 years of experience in techniques for analyzing plant and soil samples for various physiological and biochemical plant parameters and estimation of greenhouse gases from the agro-ecosystem. OR,
- The applicant should have a Ph.D. in Physical/ Mathematical/ Environmental Sciences. Experience in handling Environmental/ Weather simulation models. Proficiency in Python and R software programming.
Rs. 47,000/- (Rupees forty-seven thousand) only per month. 8% HRA will be admissible as per rules if no accommodation is provided by the institute.
2. Junior Research Fellow (06)
- The applicant should have M.Sc. with a minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent CGPA in Environmental Science/ Forestry/ Botany/ Zoology/ Ecology any other relevant disciplines with NET/ GATE OR,
- The applicant should have M.Sc. with a minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent CGPA in Mathematical Sciences/ Physical Sciences/ Geology/ Environmental Science with NET/ GATE.
- Minimum of two years of experience in handling experiments with agricultural crops in the field. Energetic,
good analytical skills and capable of working both independently and as part of a team will be preferred considering the job requirement.
Rs.31,000/- (Rupees thirty-one thousand) only per month. 8% HRA as per rules will be admissible, if no
accommodation is provided by the institute.
3. Lab Assistant (02)
- The applicant should have a minimum qualification of a Graduate degree in relevant discipline.
- Congenial in the laboratory and extensive field survey, working experience in a different forest type of northeast India, agroecosystem, specimen collection, storing, processing, and preservation of specimens.
- Basic computation skills like MS office, data compilation, file handling, and office management will be given additional preference.
Rs. 20,000/- (Rupees twenty thousand) only per month. 8% HRA as per rules will be admissible if no accommodation is provided by the institute.
How to Apply?
Highly motivated and interested candidates willing to work extensively in field and laboratory may send their application along with Curriculum Vitae (PDF file) and photocopies of all academic testimonials having proof of age, qualification, experience (if any), copy of publications (if any), etc.(PDF file) at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to (CC) to email@example.com.
To download the application form, click here.
The Last date of submission of application form along with the required documents is 31st July 2020. Shortlisted candidates will be called for a personal interview for final selection. Mode of personal interview will be intimated to the shortlisted candidates only.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Post-Doctoral Fellow & Project Assistants at IIT Kharagpur [3 Vacancies]: Apply by July 28.