Applications are invited from eligible and bright Indian nationals for project positions under various funded projects at NIT Surathkal.
National Institute of Technology Karnataka, formerly known as Karnataka Regional Engineering College, also known as NITK Surathkal, is a public engineering university at Surathkal, Mangalore.
The post details are given below.
1. Junior Research Fellow (01)
Applications are invited from eligible Indian nationals for one Junior Research Fellow (JRF) position in a time-bound INMAS-DRDO R&D project undertaken in the Department of Chemical Engineering at NITK Surathkal.
Design and Development of Affinity-Based Sensors for the Detection of Radiological Compounds in Point of CBRN Emergencies using ZnO NPs Functionalized by Amidoxine and Mugenic Acid.
M.Tech or Equivalent degree in Chemical Engineering/ Nanotechnology/ Biotechnology/ Environmental
Engineering/ Chemistry disciplines are eligible to apply.
Candidates with valid GATE Score at the time of M.Tech or NET will be encouraged to register for the Ph.D. program in the Department of Chemical Engineering at NITK Surathkal.
How to Apply?
Eligible persons may apply in the prescribed format along with photocopies of relevant certificates, grade/ mark sheets, publications, etc., and send it via email to email@example.com. The last date to apply is July 30, 2020.
2. JRF & SRF
Applications are invited from interested candidates for the post of Senior Research Fellow (1 No.) and Junior Research Fellow (1 No.) in the Virtual Lab Phase-3 project. The appointment will be purely temporary for a period maximum up to March 31, 2021.
Junior Research Fellow (01) and Senior Research Fellow (01)
PG in Control Systems/ Machine design/ Manufacturing and BE/ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum 80% marks or 8.0 CGPA in the 10-point scale. The candidate should have knowledge of MATLAB, CATIA, Solid Works, Ansys, DELMIA, HEEDS, CodeSys PLC programming, VB, VB.net, CSharp, etc. with minimum 2 years of industry experience of machine design
BE/ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 65% marks. Candidate should have knowledge of AutoCAD, CATIA, Solid works, 3D modeling, etc. with a minimum of 1 year of industry experience of machine design, 2D and 3D modeling, and 3D Printing.
- For Junior Research Fellow: Rs. 16,000/- per month
- For Senior Research Fellow: Rs. 18,000/- per month
Interested candidates for Senior Research Fellow and Junior Research Fellow should be present for the software proficiency test and a technical interview on the 7th of August 2020 at NITK Surathkal. Report at 9 am at Center for System Design, NITK Surathkal with applications along with passport size photo on plain paper, original certificates and a self-attested copy of original certificates.
Candidates must bring laptops for the software proficiency test. The Candidate has to follow all COVID Protocol as per MoHW and Local administration. Selected, candidates should be able to join within 2 days to support the online lab during this Pandemic.
3. JRF (01)
Applications are invited for the position of Junior Research Fellow in the GoI-DST-ASEAN- India Collaborative R& D project funded by SERB, DST.
Investigation on radiolucent composite sandwich materials for biomedical imaging systems under a hygrothermal Environment.
- B.E/ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 60% aggregate score (6.5/ 10 CGPA) and M.Tech/ M.E in Machine Design/ Mechanical Design/ Design Engineering with a minimum of 60% aggregate score (6.5/ 10 CGPA).
- Candidates qualified in the GATE exam with a high score will be given preference.
- 2 years’ research/work experience related to the analysis of composite structures, Numerical modeling of composites/ Experimental work on composite structures. Piezo/ magneto elasticity problems, Medical Devices, etc.
- Analysis of structures using software such as MATLAB, COMSOL, ANSYS, etc.
Rs. 31,000/- month
Two years or up to the completion of the project, subject to satisfactory progress and annual performance review.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates must apply with the following documents:
- Cover letter,
- Detailed Bio-data with a passport-sized photograph,
- Scanned copies of educational certificates and mark sheets, class XII onwards,
- GATE qualified certificate and
- Scanned copies of Proof for research experience, special achievements, and publications if any.
The soft copies of all the above documents (Single file PDF format) must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (Dr. S. Kattimani) by 3rd August 2020. The interview will be held during August/ September 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Research Assistant at Kerala Agricultural University [2 Vacancies]: Apply by Aug 5.