The National Institute of Biomedical Genomics (NIBMG), West Bengal is looking for bright and motivated minds in the fields of Genomics and invites applications for contractual project positions.
National Institute of Biomedical Genomics is a national-level research institute for genomic medicine. It is located at Kalyani West Bengal-50 km from Kolkata. It has been established as an autonomous institution under the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
The post details are given below.
1. Laboratory Technician-Experimental (01)
Hands-on massively parallel sequencing laboratory work and instrument operations as well as other related laboratory activities.
- M.Sc or equivalent (or B.Sc with 3 years of laboratory experience) in Genetics/ Life Sciences/ Biochemistry/ related discipline;
- Minimum 1 year of hands-on experience in genomics laboratory work.
- Minimum 1 year of hands-on experience in massively parallel sequencing/ microarray laboratory work.
20,000/- + 24% HRA
2. Laboratory Technician-Computational (01)
QA/ QC and analysis of raw sequence and genotyping data generated by massively parallel sequencing and microarray platforms.
- M.Sc or equivalent in Computer science/ Statistics/ Bioinformatics/ related discipline.
- Proficiency in Unix scripting.
- Experience in file handling programming using C/ C++, Python.
- Experience in handling of software packages, databases related to Genomics.
- Experience in handling DNA sequence/ genotyping data/ RNA-Seq/ DNA Methylation/ Microarray data.
20,000/- + 24% HRA
These positions are contractual and appointments will be initially given as per the tenure of the Project, extendable depending upon performance and requirements of the project.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is August 11, 2020.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for Online Interviews. The decision of NIBMG in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance, or rejection of the application, mode of selection, and conduct of interviews will be final and binding on the candidates.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Research Associate & SRF at RGCB, Thiruvananthapuram: Apply by Aug 11.