Applications are invited for the Project Officer – Education at NIMHANS, Bengaluru for the year 2021. The last date of application submission is 5 July 2021.
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates, for filling up the Project Officer – Education on contract basis in the Ministry of Women & Child Development funded project titled “National Initiative & Integrated Resource for Child Protection, Mental Health, and Psychosocial Care”, under Dr. Shekhar Seshadri, Sr. Professor, Dept. of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Principal Investigator.
- MPhil/Ph.D in Social Work or Masters Degree in Psychology or Master in Special Education.
- At least 3 years experience (post to essential qualification) in directly working with children, with a minimum of 1 year working in school settings and minimum 1 year of intensive experience in working along children with disability (Preferable remedial education inclusion).
- Knowledge and skills in school mental health practice.
- Strong English oral and written skills.
- Good working knowledge of oral Hindi and Kannada.
- Evidence of training experience in child mental health and protection areas (for ICPS/ school staff/judicial personnel…)
- Evidence of written work and documentation in the area of child mental health and protection.
- Willingness to travel within the country.
- Experience with the government education system.
- Oral/ working knowledge of at least 1 (Indian) regional language.
- Experience in program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- A deep commitment to children’s issues.
- Dynamic and flexible with the ability to undertake new initiatives and respond quickly to changing situations and new needs.
- Maximum Age Limit 35 years
- Implement project activities including data collection, analysis, training, material development.
- Assist with training programs/support for child care service providers of various cadres/types.
- Work with various technical teams in a coordinated manner.
- Compile project reports as required.
- Coordinate with schools, government/external agencies as required.
- Represent the project through government/coordination meetings.
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
The application should be duly filled and the supporting documents as listed below are required to be uploaded,
- A covering letter (of at least 1 full page) explaining eligibility for the position, in accordance with the essential and desirable criteria mentioned above i.e. justifying which of these criteria you possess and describing your work with children.
- Resume/CV *(Please note: applications with cover letters that do not detail out these two aspects will not be considered, even if a CV is submitted).
- Please do NOT send degree certificates/testimonials or any other document at this stage.
- In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, all work and related travel will be in accordance with health advisories put out by the Government of India and/or State Governments.
- The candidate would need to make his/her own arrangements for quarantine period and as well as during the service at project employment.
- If a candidate is selected, may be required to join duty within a week (from the date of offer issued).
1 year (Initial appointment will be made for a period of six months and extendable based on the performance of the candidate).
The last date for receipt of applications is 05.07.2021.
Rs.90,000/- per month (Consolidated).
You may also be interested in: