Applications are invited for recruitment of two (02) Project linked persons (one position for each project) purely on temporary basis to work on the following research projects titled (1) “Strategies for improvement of livelihood security of the farm community in the Indian Sundarbans under present scenario of climate change” and (2) “Designing strategies for the enhanced production of cosmetic antiaging ‘squalene’ from the shedded leaves of Moraceae and exploring its novel sources based on molecular cues” in the Agricultural and Ecological Research Unit (AERU) of the Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata.
- Essential: M.Sc. in Agriculture/ Botany/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Environmental Science/ Biotechnology from a recognized University or Institute with consistently good academic record.
- Desirable: One year research experience in any Biological Laboratory having expertise in handling Laboratory equipments and also knowledge in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Photoshop etc.
- Age: Should not exceed 35 years as on 01 June 2021. Usual relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/Women/differently abled candidates. Age may be relaxed for exceptionally bright candidates with relevant experience.
A candidate applying for one or more of the positions should send by email to pbanik[at]isical.ac.in on or before 30 June 2021, with “Subject: AERU PLP Recruitment 2021-22” a zip folder of PDF files only, for
- Cover letter addressed to the Head, Electronics and Communication Sciences Unit, Indian Statistical Institute stating in English the Title(s) of the above listed research projects interested in order of preference and
- Current resume stating particulars of (a) Name (in block letters), (b) Mailing Address (present and permanent), (c) E-mail Address (d) Telephone/ Mobile No., (e) Parent’s/ Spouses Name, (f) Date of birth, (g) Academic Qualifications (mentioning the percentage of marks obtained starting from 10th board examinations onwards), (h) Aadhar Card No, (i) Work experience (if any), (j) SC/ST/OBC/Differently abled status along with self attested copies of all documents/ testimonials.
The duration of the appointment is initially till 31 March 2022 from the date of his/her joining the institute which may be extended later/ terminated earlier based on performance and availability of the required fund.
A consolidated pay ranging between Rs. 24000
-35000/- per month. Pay will be decided depending on the qualification and experience of the selected candidate(s).
You may also be interested in: