Applications are invited for Project Internship (STET – Mechatronics) at Philips, Pune for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- M.Tech /B.E/B.Tech in Mechanical engineering or Mechatronics Engineering
- 10+ years of relevant experience in design & development (one end to end X-ray product development experience is preferred) of system/subsystem
- Expertise in design techniques, application domain and advance engineering including model based design .
- Ability to technically lead a team with a Domain Expertise in Machine Design, motion control engineering, Manufacturing process, Materials selection, Value Engineering
- Analytical, creative, and intellectual thinker, with ability to perform electro-mechanical design calculations & verify designs
- Knowledge of structural design, CAD (Creating 3D models and manufacturing drawings), FEM analysis
- Good at hand calculation of the design
- Create DFMEA and identify relevant product risks
- Identifying the suitable material, Creating EBOM, DFM/DFA
- Experience in latest engineering design and methods, tools, and processes
- Create functional requirement documentation
- Knowledge of IEC 60601 standards is preferred
- Disciplined team worker, ability to work independently
- System thinking mindset and domain expertise in the related area
- Ability to present ideas and to convince project team members
- Be structured and self-organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player, leadership skills and drive for results
- Quality mindset in design and documentation
- Intercultural sensitivity
- Self-motivated & ability to coach, support and direct the Engineers in a subgroup.
You are responsible for
- Achievement of the technical goal/commitment of a project
- Creation of the mechanical and electrical requirements, Ensuring the mutual consistency and efficient integration of the separate modules, easy-to-maintain units that meets the product specification
- Develops electro-mechanical (mechatronics) products by studying customer requirements, researching, and testing manufacturing and assembly methods
- Analyse project ideas regarding realization options; evaluate impact on running projects
- Determines the Unit interfaces (HW/SW), in close consultation with relevant disciplines
- Delegates, coaches and verify the implementation by Engineers.
- Ensuring the mutual consistency and efficient integration of the separate modules in modular, easy-to-maintain units that meets the product specification
- Analyze product(s) issues from the field (post market) and take complete ownership in providing relevant solution(s)
- Define subsystem architecture under considerations of platform constraints
- Working closely with all the other team members both R&D team members (Like Systems, Verification, Norm compliance etc..) and cross functional stakeholders (Like Service, Quality, Regulatory, Marketing, Clinical etc…) for the projects
- Working closely with local and global suppliers
- Reliability and Serviceability of the system / subsystem / components
- Transfer design output to manufacturing line
- Advising on realization, planning and budgets
- Contributing to Technology Roadmaps
- Performs work in line with the processes that have been agreed in the department.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with country specific regulations.
You may also be interested in: