Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the five posts Project Fellows (Research Biologist) in Zoological Survey of India, Southern Regional Centre, Chennai under India Long Term Ecological Observatories Programme (LTEO).
The position is for a period of one year and purely on a temporary basis and will be terminated or renewed based on performance.
Project Fellows (05)
Project Fellows (Research Biologists) are desired for Ecological and taxonomic studies on arthropods in LTEO sites across India. PFs are expected to undertake extensive field surveys in the mountains, forests and wetlands of India and therefore, required to be physically fit to undertake research in terrain and hostile conditions. PFs expected to conduct field studies in remote regions of Western Ghats, Central India, Western India, Western and Eastern Himalaya.
- M.Sc. in Zoology/ Life Sciences/ Ecology/ Wildlife Biology/ Biodiversity with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks from a recognized University and with a passion to work on Arthropod Ecology/ Taxonomy.
- Research experience in Taxonomy/ Ecology of terrestrial and freshwater arthropods;
- Research publications in national and international peer-reviewed journals;
- Knowledge of collection and preservation techniques of arthropod specimens; nature and wildlife Photography;
- Knowledge of computer, database management, GIS, and basic field data collection; statistical analysis, and experience of molecular work.
Rs. 25,000/- per month
How to Apply?
- To download the application form, click here.
- Candidates should submit the duly filled-in application form in MS Word and scanned copies in PDF format of testimonials of educational qualifications, research experience, publications, proof for date of birth, etc., along with copies of mark sheets of all examinations and ‘No Objection Certificate’ from present employer (if employed) by email to email@example.com with the subject “Application for RESEARCH FELLOW”.
- The last date to apply is May 31, 2020.
- The candidate selected will be liable to post anywhere in the country, including field sites, and shall join immediately after their selection.
- The candidate will be shortlisted on the basis of their qualification and experience.
- Mere possession of qualification and experience may not entertain a candidate called for interview or selection. Although, there is an indication for a number of vacancies, the Director, ZSI reserve the rights for selection.
Phone Number: +91-9088039540
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in JOB POST: JRF/Project Assistant/Project Associate at IISER Tirupati [2 Vacancies]: Apply by May 15 [Extended].