Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for Project Fellow by Zoological Survey of India, Chennai under India Long Term Ecological Observatories Programme (LTEO).
The Zoological Survey of India (ZSI), founded on 1 July 1916 by the Government of India Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, as premier Indian organization in zoological research and studies to promote the survey, exploration, and research of the fauna in the country.
The genesis of the Zoological Survey of India was in 1875 with the opening of the Indian Museum. The new museum on its inception comprised only three sections: the Zoological, the Archaeological and the Geological. The zoological collections of the Asiatic Society of Bengal were formally handed over to the Board of Trustees of the Indian Museum in 1875.
About the Post
Eligible candidates are invited to apply for PROJECT FELLOWS (RESEARCH BIOLOGISTS) in Zoological Survey of India, Southern Regional Centre, Chennai under India Long Term Ecological Observatories Programme (LTEO).
The position is for a period of one year and purely on a temporary basis and will be terminated or renewed based on performance.
- Educational Qualification:
- M.Sc. in Zoology/ Life Sciences/Ecology/Wildlife Biology/Biodiversity with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks from a recognized University and with a passion to work on Arthropod Ecology/Taxonomy.
- Desirable Qualification:
- Research experience in Taxonomy/ Ecology of terrestrial and freshwater arthropods
- research publications in national and international peer reviewed journals
- knowledge of collection and preservation techniques of arthropod specimens
- nature and wildlife Photography
- knowledge of computer, data base management, GIS and basic field data collection
- statistical analysis and experience of molecular work.
- Age Limit:
- The upper age limit for applying for award of PF shall be 28 years as on 30 th September 2021. Agerelaxation as per Govt. of India rules
- Candidates should submit the duly filled-in application form in MS Word and scanned copies in PDF format of testimonials of educational qualifications, research experience, publications, proof for date of birth, etc., along with copies of mark sheets of all examinations and ‘No Objection Certificate’ from present employer (if employed) by email to with subject “Application for PROJECT FELLOW (RESEARCH BIOLOGIST)”
- The application form can be downloaded from the Zoological Survey of India website by clicking here or from the notification link given below.
How to Apply?
The application form as per the format provided is to be submitted by email at lteozsi[at]gmail.com
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their qualifications and experience. Mere possession of qualification and experience may not entertain a candidate called for interview or selection. Although, there is an indication for a number of vacancies, the Director, ZSI reserve the rights for selection.
- At the time of the verification of original documents (even after selection), if it is found that an attempt has been made by the applicant to willfully conceal, misrepresent the facts or canvass, such applicant will not be considered for selection and due action will be implemented.
- Candidate selected will be liable to posted anywhere in the country, including field sites and shall join immediately after their selection.
- The Director, Zoological Survey of India reserves the right of selection or rejection of a candidature including cancellation of the advertisement
September 30, 2021
Click here to view the official notification for the post of Project Fellow (Research Biologist) by Zoological Survey of India
You may also be interested in: