Applications are invited for Project Executive Officer Under DBT Funded Project at IIT Kanpur for the year 2021. The last date of application is 15 September 2021.
A world class EMI/EMC (Electromagnetic Interference and Compatibility) Test Facility is presently being established at the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, which is funded by the Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India. The major focus of this facility would be to test the EMC compliance of modern electronic instruments and gadgets presently used in the medical industry.
The proposed EMI/EMC testing facility would provide extensive compliance tests of all types of electronic and communication devices with special emphasis on medical instruments starting from low frequency to RF range. The proposed facility would conduct the EMI/EMC and electrical safety tests required for various electronic devices and medical instruments as per IEC 60601, CISPR 11, and CISPR 16 standards.
- Minimum Qualification: M.Tech. (Electrical/Electronics Engineering) + 10 Yrs. of relevant experience
- Essential Experience: The ideal candidate for this position would have several years of experience in the EMI/EMC industry, of which at least 3 years of experience should be at some senior level, leading a group of Engineers and Technicians performing EMC testing and preparing documentation including the standard operating procedures. The candidate should have expertise in the RF/Microwave/Antenna/Electrical Safety field with sound knowledge of various standards such as IEC 60601, CISPR 11, and CISPR 16, and accreditation procedures of regulatory agencies such as NABL.
- Desirable Experience: The candidate having direct experience in the handling and testing of medical equipment(s) for the EMC compliance as per IEC 60601 and CISPR 11 standard would be preferred. The candidate should also be able to independently manage the major operation and functioning of the Facility.
The candidate will be responsible for overall management and operation of the Facility, and would be required to liaison with the industry and various accreditation agencies.
One year and extendable until the end of the project as per institute norm. The appointment will be purely on temporary and contractual basis.
The application should be submitted strictly online. The last date for submitting online application shall be on or before September 15, 2021.
Rs. 42000-3500-105000 per month (The actual salary will be fixed by the Committee depending upon the qualification and experience of the candidate).
Click here to view the official notification of Project Executive Officer Under DBT Funded Project at IIT Kanpur.
You may also be interested in:
- Assistant Executive Engineer (Civil & Electrical) at IISER Thiruvananthapuram [2 Positions]: Apply by Sep 7
- JRF (Electrical Engineering) Under DST Funded Project at NIT Silchar: Apply by Sep 20