The Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) is an autonomous institution set up by the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India to promote the nucleation and growth of active groups in astronomy and astrophysics at Indian universities. IUCAA aims to be a center of excellence within the university sector for teaching, research, and development in astronomy and astrophysics.
Online applications are invited from dynamic and highly motivated individuals for the India-TMT Telescope Control System Software Project Engineer-I to work at IUCAA.
Name of the position
Project Engineer-I (TMT Telescope Control System Software)
Rs. 65,000/- per month and other benefits like medical cover (higher salaries will be considered for candidates with progressively more experience and qualifications).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Specify, design, implement, test and integrate software and upgrades for the telescope control system.
- Extract software requirements from high-level functional and performance requirements.
- Participate in acceptance of deliverables and hand-over activities with TMT partners for new capabilities.
- Participate in software systems enhancement, maintenance, troubleshooting, and operational support.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations at team meetings, reviews, and conferences.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- B.E./B.Tech. degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related field
- 3 or more years of experience in developing large and complex distributed systems
- Good knowledge of C/C++ and JVM programming languages
- Strong knowledge of Linux as a development platform
- Involvement in all aspects of the software life cycle from specification through the deployment
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply by clicking here.
Phone Number: 912025604106
Email ID: email@example.com