Applications are invited for Project Associate Under DST Funded Project at IISER Pune for the year 2021. The last date of application is 23 August 2021.
Institute invites applications from Indian nationals having excellent academic record for the following position purely on temporary and contractual basis under the funded project:
“Full wave passive seismic interferometry for 3-D multi parameter earth structure estimation” under INSPIRE Faculty Award.
- Minimum Educational Qualifications: Master’s degree in Geophysics or Geoscience/Earth Science with a geophysics component
- Preference: Candidates with prior research experience in any aspect of seismology and strong computer programming skills,
especially in Python; experience with surface wave and/or ambient noise data analysis will be preferred.
- Age: Not more than 35 years as on last date of application.
The incumbent will attempt to measure higher mode surface wave phase velocity dispersion, from array seismic data recorded on Indian broadband station networks. High quality measurements will be used to improve crustal/upper mantle shear-velocity structure models.
Interested candidates should send the application by email in the prescribed format available below this advertisement by email (convert into PDF Format) addressed to ecs_app[at]iiserpune.ac.in on or before August 23, 2021. Please mention “Advt. No. 50/2021” and “Project Associate-I” in the subject line of the email.
- Rs. 25,000/- + 24% HRA*
- Rs. 31,000/- + 24% HRA* per month based on valid CSIR-UGC-JRF / NET / GATE / Any other qualified National Level Test conducted by Central Govt. Departments and their agencies or equivalent scorecard. *(HRA likely to be revised from 24% HRA to 27% HRA)
Initially for a period of six months, extendable for further period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and continuation of the project.
Click here to view the official notification of Project Associate Under DST Funded Project at IISER Pune.
You may also be interested in:
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF) Under SERB Funded at INST, Mohali: Apply by Aug 24
- JRF (Physics or Chemistry) Under SERB Funded Project at BHU, Varanasi: Apply by Aug 31