Applications are invited for the post of Project Associate at NIAS, Bengaluru.
National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS) was conceived and founded in 1988 by the late Mr. J. R. D. Tata, who sought to create an institution to conduct advanced multidisciplinary research. Housed in a picturesque green campus in Bangalore, the Institute serves as a forum to bring together individuals from diverse intellectual backgrounds, in the natural and life sciences, humanities, social sciences, and conflict and security studies.
About the Project
- Title: “Vocational skill policy, dropout reduction and employability among adolescent youthA study in Odisha and Assam”.
- The policy of vocational skill education seeks to integrate vocational skills with school education by providing horizontal and vertical mobility to aspiring students. The policy envisages its implementation in close partnership with school, industry and training institutes.
- This suggest that if suitable quality vocational skills are provided at secondary stage, a majority of adolescent youth will have an opportunity to complete secondary schooling successfully and enter the job market.
- The project envisages conducting field survey interactions with the primary target groups on the following broad objectives: i) ways in which vocational skill education can become an important sector to understand linkages between schooling, dropout reduction, employability, livelihood and new pedagogies; ii) identify specific student vocational skill aspirations, and iii) interaction and liasoning with key stakeholders.
No. of Posts
Qualifications & Experience Required
Post-graduation in Sociology /Economics/ Social Work/Political Science. Postgraduate students with previous working experience in the field or having B.Ed/M.Ed degree would be given preference.
Salary would commensurate with qualifications and experience and comparable to other premier institutions in the country
How to Apply?
Interested applicants should submit their curriculum vitae electronically along with the following documents as a single PDF document:
- Covering letter
- Statement of Purpose
- Copy of degree certificate
The deadline for receiving applications is 10th December,2020. Short-listed candidates will be invited to NIAS for an interview.
The application should be addressed to:
Dr. Jeebanlata Salam
School of Social Sciences
National Institute of Advanced Studies
Indian Institute of Science Campus
Dec 10, 2020
For more details, click the link below.