Applications are invited from suitable candidates for filling up the position of Project Associate at the National Institute of Animal Biotechnology (NIAB), Hyderabad.
NIAB is an autonomous institution of the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India, leading in basic and translational research on animal health and productivity and human-animal interface with a motto to improve animal health for humans welfare. The institute has a ravishing 100–acre campus at Gachibowli, Hyderabad.
Project Associate-I (02)
SERB funded project entitled “Gene editing for generating tissue-specific complete knock-down/out of Myostatin gene for increased lean meat production in Indian goat (Capra hircus, Osmanabadi breed), Phase-I”. PI: Dr. Nirmalya Ganguli. Co-PI- Dr. Subeer S. Majumdar.
Post Graduate Degree in Life Sciences (Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Etc.) or Post Graduate degree in professional courses (M. Tech in Life Sciences, M.VSc. Etc.). Candidates with prior experience in any of the following area will be preferred:
- Various molecular biology techniques, like RT-PCR, QRT-PCR, Immunohistochemistry, Immune cytochemistry, Droplet Digital PCR, protein purification and western blot analysis,
- Generation of an expression vector by molecular cloning and its in-vitro characterization, culture, and maintenance of cell lines,
- Generation of an expression vector for genome editing (knock-out and knock-in) using CRISP – Cas9 tools,
- Regulation of gene expression by shRNA mediated knockdown,
- Cell sorting by FACS/MACS, single-cell sorting, and generation of cell lines,
- Isolation and culture of Stem cells, transfection, and maintenance of stem cells, generation of iPSC, isolation, and culture of cells from different tissue sources,
- Signal Transduction study by functional genomics.
- Handling and experimentation on rodent and goat model
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
Interim inquiries will not be entertained. Suitable candidates will be screened, intimated through email, and interviewed by a duly constituted selection committee online. Original documents in support of date of birth, educational qualifications, experience certificates are required to be submitted at the time of joining. The last date to apply is July 7, 2021.