Applications are invited for the post of Project Associate positions for the National Supercomputing Mission funded project at Centre for Brain Research, IISc, Bangalore.
The project position involves human whole-genome sequencing data analysis, and detect how genetic variations affect certain phenotypic differences in a large cohort study. The job responsibilities for this position include analysis of whole-genome sequencing for thousands of samples.
The Centre for Brain Research was established as an autonomous, non-profit research organization in the Indian Institute of Science under the Karnataka Societies Registration Act of 1960, with the generous gift from Mr. Kris Gopalakrishnan (co-founder of Infosys Limited) and Mrs. Sudha Gopalakrishnan. CBR is funded by philanthropy and receives research grants for specific projects from several granting agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology or Master’s Degree in Natural Sciences from a recognized University or equivalent. Degree in Computer Science/ Bioinformatics/ Statistics would be more related to the duties of this position.
- Knowledge of working in Linux environment and Coding experience with Python, C, C++, Perl, R programming languages is preferred.
- Candidates having experience working directly with statistical methodology and genetic data analyses will be given preference.
Salary will be as per DST sanction and rules depending on the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may send their email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents as 1 combined PDF file:
- Curriculum Vitae (max. 3 pages)
- Cover letter/ Statement of interest (max 350 words)
- List of references to contact
The last date to apply is June 30, 2021.
You might also be interested in: