IIT Bhilai invites applications for the post of Project Assistant for the year 2020. Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the position of Project Assistant in an Industryfunded project. The project is a part of ongoing Indo Swiss Building Energy Efficiency Project (BEEP) which aims to promote building energy efficiency in India.
Building Energy Efficiency Project (BEEP) is a bilateral cooperation project between the Ministry of Power, Government of India, and the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA) of the Swiss Confederation.
Started in 2011, the project’s central focus is to help India mainstream energy-efficient and thermally comfortable (EETC) building design for both commercial and residential buildings. BEEP works with building industry, policy makers, and building owners to catalyze adoption of EETC building design and technologies.
The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) is the implementing agency on behalf of the Ministry of Power while the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) oversees the project on behalf of FDFA.
- Principal Investigator: Dr. Udayraj, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Bhilai, Raipur, Chhattisgarh – 492015.
- Name of the position: Project Assistant
- Number of Positions: 01
- Duration: 07 Months (may be extended based on performance and availability of funds).
Essential qualifications: BE/BTech or ME/MTech (or equivalent Degree) in Mechanical/ Aerospace Engineering (or relevant specialization) from a recognized institute/university, with first class, 60% marks or equivalent.
Desirable: Preference will be given to candidates having good understanding of thermal subjects(Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Heat and Mass Transfer, Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, and Computational Fluid Dynamics) and work experience relevant to the project.
How to apply?
Interested candidates must apply on the application form. Duly completed application form along with detailed CV must be emailed at udayraj[at]iitbhilai.ac.in in PDF format. Subject of the email should read Application for Project Assistant – <Applicant’s Name>. Applications with incomplete details will not be considered for shortlisting. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. The position is available immediately.
Rs. 31,000/- per month + HRA (as applicable)
- No TA/DA or accommodation will be provided to the candidates called for the interview.
- The PI shall not be responsible for email delay, if any, or any other reason for non-receipt of the document at the specified time and will result in disqualification/rejection of the application.
- If the number of applications for the position is large, the selection committee may decide an appropriate shortlisting criterion over and above the essential qualification required to restrict the number of candidates for the interview to a reasonable limit.
- The decision of the selection committee will be final.
Dr. Udayraj, Assistant Professor
Phone: +91-7712551300 Extn: 6134
You might also be interested in Project Positions (Non Medical) at ICMR-NIMS, New Delhi [4 Vacancies]: Apply by Oct 5