A Walk-in-Interview for engaging Project Assistant (One post) under ASBB-funded project in the Department of Life Science & Bioinformatics, Assam University-Diphu Campus.
Assam University is a teaching-cum-affiliating Central University in Silchar, Assam, India. The Governor of Assam is the Chief Rector, Gulzar is the Chancellor and the President of India is acting as the Visitor of the University. It has been accredited ‘B+’ grade by NAAC.
Name of the Project
“Exploration of Crop Wild Relatives in Karbi Anglong district, Assam: Diversity, Ethnobotany and Prioritization for Conservation”
The project demands regular visits to rural villages and forests of Karbi Anglong district for exploration and collection of wild relatives of crop plants. Project Assistant must submit bimonthly progress report to the Principal Investigator.
Assam State Biodiversity Board, Guwahati
B. Sc. with Honours in Botany from any recognised University/Institute with 55% marks (relaxation as per rules).
- Proficiency in communication with different tribes of the project area.
- Knowledge of location and demography of the study area and willingness for conducting intensive field study, even in difficult terrain.
- Botanical knowledge of plant collection and processing for herbarium vouchers.
Rs. 12,000/- + 8% HRA per month.
20 months (not extendable)
How to Apply?
- Interested eligible candidates may attend the Walk-in-Interview with application in plain paper addressed to the Principal Investigator, ASBB-Crop Wild Relatives project and along with self attested copies of all relevant testimonials.
- Candidates must inform their interest to addend the Walk-in Interview by sending email to the PI at email@example.com on or before 29th November, 2020 by 4:00PM.
- Candidates are advised to report in the Department of Life Science & Bioinformatics, Diphu Campus 30 minutes before the time of Interview for verification of their original testimonials.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the Interview.
Nov 29, 2020
Dr. Robindra Teron
ASBB-Crop Wild Relatives (CWR) project
For more details, click the link below.