About the Programme
NIT Warangal is organizing a one-week Faculty Development Programme for Women Faculty in Universities and Colleges of Higher Education on the theme ‘Pedagogical Skills in Teaching Methods and Strategies in Higher Education’ during 9-14 March 2020.
In this backdrop the Teaching Learning Centre felt a need to develop relevant ‘Teaching Competencies’ among women Faculty members in Technical/ Higher Education. Hence, the FDP aims to equip the women Faculty working in various Universities and Colleges with the pedagogical skills in various facets of classroom teaching/learning.
- Motivational techniques
- Teaching Strategies to facilitate active learning
- Instructional planning and Evaluation methods
- Outcome based education
- Constructivist Approach
- Professional ethics and Classroom Communication
- eLearning, Blended learning and Flipped Learning Techniques
- Role of ICT and Use of Technologies in teaching and learning
- Preparing and using animations in teaching
- Traits of an effective teacher
- New Pedagogical approaches in Higher Education
- Issues and Challenges in Higher Education
- Strategies for enhancing Women enrolment in
- Higher Education
- Best Practices in learner -centred teaching
- Gender Issues in Higher Education
- Research Opportunities for Women in Higher Education
Who can attend?
- Only Women Faculty members working in Universities, Degree and Post-Graduate Colleges, NITs, IIITs, Engineering Colleges, Pharmacy, Management, Polytechnics and other Institutions of Higher Education.
- Women Research Scholars aspiring for academic positions in the areas of Science, Engineering, Humanities, Social Sciences, Pharmacy, Management and other interdisciplinary areas.
How to apply?
Eligible candidates may apply by submitting the scanned copy of the filled-in Registration Form (attached with this mail/ brochure) by E-mail to pstmshe2020[at]gmail.com on or before 21-02-2020.
- Application deadline: 21 Feb 2020.
- Selected applicants will be intimated by 24 Feb 2020.
- Payment of Registration Fee: 28 Feb 2020.
- Faculty: Rs.750- Rs.1500/-
- Research Scholars: Rs.400- Rs.800/-
Dr. K. Madhavi