About the Organiser
The Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur is a public technical and research university established by the government of India in 1951. It is the first of the IITs to be established and is recognised as an Institute of National Importance.
About the Programme
The Programme on Application of Forecasting Methods in Engineering & Business Problems is organised by IIT Kharagpur from May 18-22, 2020.
The course would help the academicians as well as practicing managers and research professionals to learn the vast techniques of forecasting applied in the modern world for predicting the various future events that are likely to happen in a system.
The program is aimed at giving the participants a holistic view of modern forecasting methods thereby covering the prerequisites for making a good forecast. Once the participants have completed the workshop, they will be able to identify the best forecasting technique for a specific systemic problem and to refine the data and test for the assumptions before proceeding to the actual forecasting.
- Overview of demand forecasting
- Using components of a time series
- Forecasting using exponential smoothing models
- Use of different regression models in forecasting
- Stationary time series forecasting models
- Testing for the assumptions in time series forecasting
- Use of Box-Jenkins forecasting Models
- Non-linear stochastic forecasting models
- Causal forecasting using system dynamics
- Forecast accuracy measurement
- Improving forecast with subjective judgement
- M.Tech /M.Sc /MS / PhD students;
- Researchers from R&D organizations.
- Nil for AICTE – QIP sponsored participants
- For others – INR 20,000/- (Twenty thousand) + GST @18% per participant
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the programme through this link.
May 12, 2020
Dr. Balagopal G Menon, Co-Coordinator
Dept. of Industrial & Systems Engg.
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur.