Programme on Advanced Topics of Cryptography at IIT Kharagpur [Feb 10-14]: Register by Jan 31
About the Organiser
The Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur is a public institution established by the government of India in 1951. It is the first of the IITs to be established and is recognised as an Institute of National Importance. In 2019 it was awarded the status of Institute of Eminence.
About the Programme
The Programme on Advanced Topics of Cryptography is organised by IIT Kharagpur from February 10-14, 2020. The aim of this course is to introduce the areas of cryptography and cryptanalysis to the participants. This course develops a basic understanding of the algorithms used to protect users online and addresses some of the design choices behind these algorithms.
One of the major focus in this course is to build a workable knowledge of mathematics used in cryptology. The course emphasizes to provide a basic understanding of previous attacks on cryptosystems with the aim of preventing future attacks. A wide variety of basic cryptographic primitives will be discussed along with recent developments in some advanced topics like functional encryption, twoparty/multi-party computation, bitcoin and cryptocurrency and post quantum cryptography.
- Introduction to Classical Cryptography
- Block and Stream cipher
- Data Encryption Standard (DES) & Modes of operations
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
- Generic attacks on Symmetric Ciphers
- Introduction to Public Key Cryptography
- Elliptic Curves and Pairings
- Multilinear maps
- ID-based cryptosystems
- Broadcast Encryption
- Attribute-Based Encryption
- Homomorphic Encryption
- Functional Encryption
- Constrained PRF
- Witness encryption
- Commitment schemes
- Zero-Knowledge proofs – SNARK, SNARG
- Distributed PRF and Threshold Authenticated Encryption
- Construction of Trapdoor Function from CDH
- Homomorphic Secret Sharing
- Cloud computing – Private Anonymous Data Access
- Multi-party computation
- Introduction to Post-Quantum Cryptography – lattice-based, code-based and multivariate
- Bitcoin and crypto-currency
- Teachers of TEQIP-III approved degree level engineering colleges
- Teachers of Non-TEQIPIII, Research Scholars, Ph.D, U.G., P.G. students
- Nil for TEQIP-III sponsored participants
- For others – INR 10,000/- (Ten thousand) + GST @18% per participant
How to Register?
Interested applicants can register for the programme through this link.
Jan 31, 2020
Dr. Ratna Dutta, Principal Co-ordinator
Department of Mathematics
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Phone: +91 – 3222 – 282858
For more details, click here.
About the Author