Applications are invited for the post of Program Manager (Digital Initiatives) at the National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Bangalore.
National Centre for Biological Sciences in Bangalore, Karnataka, is a research center specializing in biological research. It is a part of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research under the Department of Atomic Energy of the Government of India.
Program Manager (Digital Initiatives)
Operating under the broad guidance of the Executive Director, the Program Manager – Digital Initiatives will be responsible for all technical aspects related to the IndiaBioscience website and digital initiatives. The IndiaBioscience website is a one-stop online portal for showcasing research in the Life Sciences in India. It has also been a nodal point for collecting and communicating resources for funding, mentoring, networking and careers in science.
IndiaBioscience operates largely through a web presence and a key part of this job profile includes the maintenance of the website, promoting and increasing the growth of the overall network across India and abroad, via digital means. The role would also require the person to take complete ownership of all the digital initiatives including the maintenance of the website (except for content generation) at IndiaBioscience.
- PhD degree in sciences or Master’s Degree in Engineering and Technology from a recognised university or equivalent.
- Experience in digital communication (such as podcasts, webinars, videos/film, etc) and website management will be preferred.
- The role requires the person to have the technical prowess to keep up to date and utilise the latest modes of digital communication.
- Adaptability, flexibility, effective communication skills, creativity/innovation, ability to foster teamwork, good organizational skills and ability to multitask. Preference will be given to candidates with a PhD in sciences.
Remuneration will be equivalent to Project Scientist I as per DST OM No. SR/S9/Z-05/2019 dated 10th July 2020.
How to Apply?
Please submit the following documents while applying:
- CV and sample of the previous digital communications- webinars, podcasts, videos- created [combine and upload in one PDF file]
- A strong statement of interests stating how they align with ours and why you will fit this position (~400 words) [upload under experience tab in PDF file]. At this point, we require no recommendation letters.
To apply online, click here. The last date to apply is June 15, 2021.
Click here to view the official notification for the Job Post of Program Manager (Digital Initiatives) at NCBS, Bangalore.
More such opportunities, you might be interested in: