IndiaBioscience is looking for a suitable person for the position of Program Associate for its ‘International Grants Awareness Program (iGAP)’ funded under the IRMI initiative by DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance. The position is full time and for a period of one (1) year.
Through the ‘International Grants Awareness Program’, IndiaBioscience aims to overcome the very prevalent obstacle in the community by educating aspiring applicants on the requirements of the international funding opportunities, introducing them to committee members and local mentors and helping them acquire the relevant skills to draft a successful application. These will collectively boost the confidence of Indian researchers regarding their capabilities to navigate the process to acquiring international funding.
The Program Associate will be primarily involved in the organization, execution and promotion of the activities of the International Grants Awareness Program. The role will require coordination between the different stakeholders across borders. Besides this, the person will also be involved in other activities at IndiaBioscience as appropriate.
- MSc/ MTech/ PhD (fresh) in Life Sciences
- Two (2) years of relevant work experience is preferred but not mandatory
- Proven communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong time-management and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, enthusiastic and a flexible approach to work
- Tech-savvy (experience of hosting webinars, discussion forums, video editing etc will be a plus)
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Administrative experience will be advantageous
- Age limit: 55 years as on 1st July, 2020
Roles & Responsibilities
- Project coordination, communicating with scientists and other stakeholders across institutions as per the requirement of the project
- Organizing (online) meetings, and hosting workshops/webinars as per the plan (both as part of this project and outside the scope of this project)
- Creating podcasts and other outreach material (as per requirement)
- Compiling and writing of project reports for the program
- Liaising with and outsourcing assignments to freelancers as needed
- Outreach to external agencies on behalf of IndiaBioscience
- Working and coordinating with the IndiaBioscience team members
- Partake in IndiaBioscience team activities and efforts
How to apply?
- Step 1: Interested candidates should register online through the link on our website using a valid email ID.
- Step 2: You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
- Step 3: Using your ID and password you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
- Step 4: Once you fill in the application you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
- Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT”
- Step 6: All essential certificate is proof of your qualification, experience Should be uploaded while submitting the Online application.
Applicants those who are not able to apply ONLINE are requested to email their applications to Smita Jain (smita[at]indiabioscience[dot]org) and Shantala Hari Dass (shantala[at]indiabioscience[dot]org) using ‘Program Associate Application’ as the subject.
Last date to apply for this position: 25th November, 2020