About the Organisation
Banglar Manabadhikar Suraksha Mancha (MASUM) is a collective of social activists, professionals; psychiatrists, doctors, psychological counselors and pro bono lawyers dedicated to advance human rights in India and the sub-continent. MASUM collaborates with other human rights groups, social movements and survivors’ collectives to enforce the rights of marginalized people and to minimize the systemic discrimination of marginalized.
About the Job
Banglar Manabadhikar Suraksha Mancha (MASUM) seeks to hire a Program Associate to help with its human rights initiatives against torture, extrajudicial killings, and atrocities committed against border populace and for securing the rights of the erstwhile enclave dwellers of India and Bangladesh.
Location: Serampore, Hooghly, West Bengal
- Drafting fact findings received from the field into coherent complaints.
- Conducting fact findings on the incidents of human rights violations through undertaking field visits.
- Organize community-level meetings with victims, Gram Panchayats and village residents to mobilize them and create awareness regarding Constitutional rights.
- Writing reports and research articles on different human rights issues.
- Post-Graduate in the field of law, political science, social work or other related disciplines.
- Working Knowledge of Bengali and English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of the Constitution of India and International human rights mechanisms.
- Familiarity with the human rights discourse in India.
- At least one year of work experience, preferably on the field.
- Ability to work with the victims of torture, extrajudicial killings and other grave violations of human rights.
Salary shall be decided upon discussion.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may apply by sending their CV and a cover letter highlighting their experience, interests and motivation to work with human rights.
Application should be sent to masumindia[at]gmail.com with the subject line “Application for Program Associate” latest by 17 August 2020.