The Department of Mechanical Engineering, Malaviya National Institute of Technology (MNIT), Jaipur is organizing an AICTE Sponsored Online Program on 3D Printing Design for Innovative Medical Devices from June 28 to July 2, 2021.
Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur is one of the premier NITs, designated with the status of “Institute of National Importance” by the Ministry of Education.
The institute was established in 1963, and its campus spreads over 325 acres of lush green area in the central location of Jaipur city. The institute offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses (B. Tech., M. Tech./ MBA/ M.Sc. & Ph.D.) to about 4500 students, in leading fields of engineering, technology, architecture, management & sciences.
The goal of this faculty development programme is to provide the participants with an opportunity to conceive design and implement product manufacturing quickly and effectively using 3D Printing technology, especially in the biomedical domain. This course is also focused to explore interdisciplinary applications of 3D printing, innovation, challenges and research issues in the current scenario.
The course is designed to impart knowledge and skills related to 3D printing technologies especially in bio-medical devices, selection of material and equipment and develop a product using this technique in Industry 4.0 environment.
- Introduction to 3D printing & Design;
- CAD/CAE for 3D printing;
- ASTAM F2792 standards of Additive Manufacturing Techniques wrt Medical
- Identification and scope of Innovative Medical Products;
- 3D Printable Materials for Medical Devices
- Product Orientation and Topology in Additive Manufacturing Systems;
- Process Parameters in Additive Manufacturing Systems;
- Post Processing Requirements & Techniques;
- Inspection and Testing of Medical Devices;
- Challenges and Opportunities in 3D printing;
- Other applications of 3D printing in automotive, aerospace industries etc.;
- Demo of Additive Manufacturing Systems (Virtual)
Who can Attend?
- Faculty members, Ph.D. & M.Tech. Scholars of AICTE affiliated educational institutions are eligible to participate.
- There is no registration fees for the course and a maximum of 200 participants will be allowed to register.
- Participants will be selected on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Selected candidates will be intimated by e-mail.
- Confirmation of participation by email is compulsory.
To register for the course, click here. Experts in this field from academia & industry such as Foreign Universities, IIT’s, NIT’s, and Industries will be the resource person for the course.
You might also be interested in:
- Online FDP on Power Electronics Applications in Renewable Power Generation Systems by IIITDM Kancheepuram [Sept 21-30]: Register by Sept 10
- Online FDP on Computer Networks by Anna University, TN [June 21-26]: Register by June 15