Profugo Field Fellowship 2019 [6 Months-1 Year, Kerala]: Apply by April 15
Applications are open for Profugo Field Fellowship to work in a village in Wayanad. Apply by April 15.
Profugo is a grassroots non-profit organization involved in International Development. Profugo’s goal is to provide access to the tools that enable individuals to build a better quality of life. We accomplish our goal through what we call our Center of Development. The Center of Development is a three-pronged approach to community development that encompasses Health & Wellness, Human Development, and Social Capital.
About the Fellowship:
Profugo’s Field Fellowship opportunity is a highly competitive program offered to recent
graduates or Masters Students. Field Fellows coordinate a specific project or program at
our Center of Development in India and get great hands-on experience by supporting
local staff on various initiatives.
The Fellowship program is 1 year in duration but longer or shorter terms of service may be considered depending on the circumstances. In the past, our Field Fellows are graduate students completing a field practicum or recent college grads looking to do a year of service.
Profugo is looking for individuals who have a background in education (TESL), engineering, business/social entrepreneurship, sustainable agriculture, or sustainable tourism.
Characteristics of a Field Fellow:
- Team Player.
- Background in education/engineering/business/agriculture.
- Flexible and open-minded.
- Willing to take initiative.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about business development, women empowerment, social entrepreneurship, sustainable engineering, farming, agriculture, natural resource management, education, or teaching.
- Cross-cultural experience a plus.
- Weekly Conference Calls and also report to Profugo HQ regarding your schedule on a weekly basis.
- Project Development Updates: Evaluate projects on a monthly basis to make program improvements and submit bi-weekly and monthly reports as required by Profugo HQ.
- Clearly understand the vision of the COD and design programs in a way that furthers the Profugo vision.
- Build strategic partnerships with organizations that can enhance the knowledge and development of the Children’s Programs, Community Education, Natural Resource Management initiatives, Sustainable Farming Practices, or income generation programs.
- Implement projects where community members can benefit by learning, participating, or even replicating on their own.
- Conduct yourself in a way that is representative of Profugo.
Profugo will provide room, board, and a modest stipend.
How to apply
Click here to Apply.
Deadline: April 15.
For detailed information, click here.
About the Author