The Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Udaipur invites applications from meritorious candidates for the posts of Professors of Practice.
As one of India’s premier management institutes, IIM Udaipur recognizes the importance of keeping abreast of management practice and drawing on the wealth of experience available in the corporate sector. IIMU now offers a unique opportunity for highly experienced and accomplished management professionals to be a part of a leading management institute in the role of Professors of Practice.
The Indian Institute of Management Udaipur, also known as IIMU, is a graduate business school in Udaipur, Rajasthan, India.
- The required qualification is a Master’s degree (or equivalent professional qualification) from a reputed national and international institution.
- Candidates should have not less than 15 years of managerial or professional experience and should have worked in senior management positions for at least 5 years.
- Candidates with non-business degrees such as Master’s in Psychology, Master’s in Social Work, Chartered Accountant, etc. would also be considered.
- Ph.D. (FPM) is desirable but not essential. However, a lack of a Ph.D. must be offset by demonstrated domain knowledge, obtained from deep experience in the ‘field’.
Depending on the relevant years of experience, the selected candidate would be offered a position of “Associate Professor of Practice” or “Professor of Practice”. The selected candidates would receive a consolidated salary. The overall compensation will be equivalent to that of a regular Associate Professor or Full Professor.
This is a contractual appointment. The offer would be for an initial period of three years and would be extendable for a period of up to five years based on performance.
- Candidates would be shortlisted based on qualification, work experience, demonstrated interest in academic activities, and statement of purpose.
- Shortlisted candidates would be invited to IIMU to present a recruitment seminar and personal interaction with a selection committee. The faculty recruitment seminar would not necessarily be in the form of a research seminar but would focus broadly on the richness of industry experience.
How to Apply?
To apply online, click here. Candidates need to submit the following documents while applying:
- Most recent resume
- Work experience documents
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
Positions will remain open until filled. Applications received will be reviewed once a month against positions not filled. Return economy airfare will be paid for attending the interview. No correspondence will be entertained during the process. Salary is negotiable. The scales are indicative. IIM Udaipur would be open to considering an appropriate salary (either lower or higher than the scale mentioned) for the deserving candidate.
For full notification, click the link below.