About the Course
Desert regions are attractive for solar energy, with much sunshine and many opportunities for utility-scale and residential applications. However, their harsh climate creates challenges for photovoltaic (PV) module performance, reliability and energy forecasting.
This program focuses on solar resource assessment and PV solar cell and module design for hot, dusty climates. The program will teach you the essentials on solar radiation and will explore the challenges associated with air quality and meteorology in harsh climates.
By using videos, demonstrations, dynamic learning activities and real world data you will learn about the practicalities of PV technology and how best to tailor PV cells and modules for the conditions of the desert.
What you will learn?
- Components of solar radiation, solar cells and standard solar spectrum characteristics;
- Monitoring of air quality, meteorology and challenges in harsh climates;
- Energy yield of PV modules and how to predict it under specific environmental conditions;
- PV module reliability, soiling and mitigation strategies;
- Use of techno-economic models of PV technology diffusion to measure economic impact.
- Solar Resource Assessment in Desert Climates
- Using Photovoltaic (PV) Technology in Desert Climates
₹12,991 For the full program experience.
To enroll in this course, click the link below.
Note: Noticebard is associated with Edx through an affiliate programme.
Solarrelating to or derived from the sun or utilizing the energies of the sunMore (Definitions, Synonyms, Translation)