About the Program
Taught by instructors with decades of experience on Wall Street, this Professional Certificate program develops the skills you need to handle the transactions, financing and policy of public-private partnerships (PPPs). Through case studies you will understand the balance between private investors’ need for profit and governments’ need for transparency in gaining new private funding for key public projects.
This knowledge is essential for investors, commercial and investment bankers, lawyers, accountants, and regulators.
You will learn about the accounting and economic drivers that motivate the use of Project Finance and understand key participants at critical points in a project timeline. We will explore management of risks including construction, supplier, market demand, market price, credit and political/country. You’ll also examine greenfield, privatization, and Public Private Partnership projects in the power generation, natural resource, extraction, and public infrastructure sectors.
This program will also look at several term sheets for actual projects that detail the use of different ownership and debt structures and also examples of the documentation that is required to secure project financing. In the final course of this program we will consider the case of an actual Emerging Market Greenfield project that our instructor – Jeff Hooke – participated in during his investment-banking career.
What you will learn?
- Understand project finance and the public-private partnerships (PPPs) that are closely allied to project finance
- Recognize different ways to classify projects by deal structure and customer type and review various examples of deals
- Understand the project finance process and how to select the best deals for investment
- Recognize the additional contracts and documents that need to be created for a project; and learn about Rating Agencies and the Loan Syndication Process
- Recognize the key political and currency risks in project finance
Jeff Hooke Instructor NYIF
To enroll in this program, click the link below.
Note: Noticebard is associated with edX through an affiliate programme.