Are you an IT professional new to project management or a manager who wants to develop more robust project management skills? Perhaps you are looking to forge a career as a full-time project manager (PM). This program will introduce you to the fundamentals of project management, specifically as they apply to the field of information technology (IT).
This program will help you select project management techniques and strategies that best fit your IT project or organization. You’ll also explore how project management offices are organized and how they develop a project portfolio.
Throughout the program, you’ll come to understand some of the challenges of the field, including management of diverse teams and projects that are potentially based anywhere in the world. By the end, you’ll determine your own competencies as an IT project manager and will have developed core skills required for this role.
What you will learn?
- Why IT organizations use project management to deliver business value and how organizational culture can influence the role of the PM and individual projects;
- How to describe and distinguish among the major project management methodologies and project lifecycles as applied to IT and to identify strategies for managing distributed teams;
- The purpose of a Project Management Office (PMO), high-level strategies to set up, maintain, and close a PMO, and how it can work within your organization;
- Techniques to intake, prioritize, and select projects and programs so that they align with an organization’s overall business strategy; and
- Which personal and performance competencies are necessary for project management in IT, and strategies for developing those skills.
5 Months (2-5 hours per week)
₹40,249 For the full program experience.
To enroll in this course, click the link below.
Note: Noticebard is associated with Edx through an affiliate programme.